Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys back again.I just picked up a 580 case /crank that came with clutch, mag, stator, coils. And pistons, though the mag side is burnt. Can I drop the 600 cylinders on this block? Was there a difrence in stroke or bore. Basicly they look the same. But I'm not going to put all my egges in the basket and call it a day. I'm trying to get this sled going and I'm not too sure of the original motor that was in this thing. It may have been replaced. It's a 04 02 98 chassis. 20141225_003637.jpg

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
The 597 top end will drop right onto the 580 bottom.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 597 top end will drop right onto the 580 bottom.
Thanks, that really puts my mind at ease. Would drilling out the pto oil hole be a good idea. I heard of this browsing the forums. Seems legit. This thing is supposed to be reliable. And wI'll be used mainly for going out to the cottage on temagami. So the more reliable I can get this thing the better. I have yet to pull the head off the 600. So depending on what everything looks like in that area. I might have to get new pistons and or rings. Anyone have any tips on making these bullet proof? As of now the 600 crank is out of phase. And my buddy didn't want to spend 600-700 getting it pinned and welded. So I found him this from a friend of a friend. 20150104_231143.jpg
Note the burnt piston. At least it wasn't catastrophic failure. So I think 200 is a pretty good deal. 20150104_231202.jpg

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the last crank I had welded was like 200$ for a weld and trueing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I always drill the pto oil holes on Fuji engines to match the other oil holes. Every one I took apart has a smaller hole there and it seems like common sense to me; especially after the pto bearing seizes. I guess every engine has to have a design flaw so Fuji wanted to join the party too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts