Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not my sled but, rode with my brother inlaw today, he has a couple of year old 583, the damn thing won't keep the ski's on the snow!! every time you crack the throttle it lifts them, the sled is box stock, has no torsion bar adjustments like the new sleds, the limiter strap is showing two holes , so it's on the third, i backed the shock spring off, i have the front shocks cranked up for all they are worth, still lifts bad, kind of sucks cornering!!
there is on adjustment i think we should try but would like some feedback first, the rear "hinge" thing is in the furthest back hole, i say move it to the forward hole?? any thoughts or experience?
thanks guys, dave

·
Registered
506 Posts
that's the scissor block, that'll affect weight transfer. I'd have to look at it to tell you which way to adjust it, but if yer haveing bad ski lift, that will help. also, suck in the limiter straps as far as they'll go, yell get some cornering back then. if the ski pressure is to much after you adjust yer blocks and limiters, let the limiters back out some, that'll reduce steering effort

1 - 2 of 2 Posts