Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come everytime my dad goes out looking for a snowmobile he comes back with a steal. Of course this isn't mint, but $350 and I think it would be a beautiful sled.

It's a 99' Ski-Doo 600

[attachment=54819][attachment=54821]

[attachment=54823][attachment=54824]

[attachment=54825][attachment=54826]

[attachment=54827][attachment=54828]

[attachment=54829][attachment=54830]

The story on the sled from the guys says that his sled wasn't running so he borrowed his buddies. He hit a stump with it and then bought it off of his buddy to be fair about it. Now he's getting out of snowmobiling all together, because his buddy doesn't want to ride anymore either.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Ya shouldnt take a whole lot to fix it up. I would ditch the windshield extension for sure too.

·
Registered
287 Posts
if you look hare you will find some good deals i picked up 2 94 polaris storms for 900 the one is a 750 with m10 susp one is a 800 that was cold seized which i all ready fixed and i am rideing today and a spare 800 motor out of the guys third storm that he hit a tree with i sold the 750 for a 1000 and the motor for 200 so i pretty much came out even after fixing the 800 which it already had three new pistons in it and he had a spare jug all ready to go for it than i picked up a 1995 indy 500 x radar run sled for 400 that needed stock exhaust put back on and stock 290 jets put back in and most recently picked up a 1995 Yamaha v max 600 for 600 that would not do over 50 and i just pulled the carbs apart yesterday and found out the screw that goes into the shaft to open the butterfly was the wrong size and had fell out and only one carb was working and two plastic spacers which is a total of 20.00 bucks which im on my way to pick up now [attachment=54831]

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
thats a nice lookin sled....should be good when u get it fixed up and yee remove the extension on the windsheild

·
Registered
508 Posts
Any one else notice that when people are selling they tell you the reason is because " they are getting out of the sport". When actually it is probably cause we don't have any snow. I will laugh when we get some and these people all hurry to get a sled, but then they will be at a higher price.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Yah, there is a few beat up spots that can be fixed but it still looks good, just lose the extension.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
great beard of zues thats a tall windsheild lol

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think my dad intends to keep extension on there. But something tells me the sled was used for some icefishing and what not besides just trail riding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts