Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well fella's, I'm getting ready to leave on my trip to the UP in february, and the guy i was going to borrow a 4 place sled trailer from, now has decided to go on a trip of his own at the same time so i can't get his trailer any more. However, I have access to a 6' X 16' trailer, with about 12" sides on it. Now How many sleds can i fit on this trailer? I need to get 4 on there safely!

Can it be done? And if it can be done, whats the best way to arrange the sleds on the trailer to maximize space.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I dunno man you would have to find the specs for the lenghth and width of the sleds. Can you put one in the back of the truck if you could tie them down well you could put them in with the back with the track up on the side rail and the nose down in the bed.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
C'mon fellas, somone must use this size trailer that can tell me how many sleds i can fit on it........

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
we use a trailer 2 feet longer and two feet wider. I doubt you could fit 4 on it. You Should be able to stagger 3 and put one in the back of the truck.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yeah, i'd say you can stagger 3, but i doubt you can fit 4.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used a 6'x14' and you can only get 2 on there. I don't think you'd ever get 3 on a 16' without putting them on sideways and having your track hangover the side. Which i would not reccomend.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well guys thats not the answer i was looking for, but an answer none the less. looks like we'll have to figure out a different way to get the sleds hauled. One in the back of the truck is not really an option. Its a very short box of the back of the quad cab 07 chevy's. Not much room back there for a sled, heck, i think we'll have that filled with our gear anyways.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
put them in sideways and let the tracks stick over the sides. alternating them

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think you would be able to get 3 on there...I'm using a 6x12 and find it tight with 2.

if you do manage to get the sleds up there and you need some tie-downs, try steadymate.com i swear by these tie downs...better than anything from crappy-trash and home dee-pot.

http://steadymate.com/ca/cat/1/cinchtitetm-series.html

I have the cinchtite 2000 and the 5000 along with the Kwik strap...works like a charm.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Originally posted by madcow
[br]put them in sideways and let the tracks stick over the sides. alternating them
Thats a good idea but it is illegal (here anyways) unless you have wide load signs as they are over 8'6".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts