Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 polaris 500 xc sp with the exhaust valves and i was wondering if i could put 600 cylinders with the exhaust valves and pistons on it?

iv looked at part numbers and polaris says the 2000 500 and 600 use the same crankcase, so it should fit right?

and if it does fit what year cylinders will work on my crankcase with the exhaust valves?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
If you do the swap, you will need the ignition, pipe, clutching, gearing, jetting, etc. set-ups.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
be easier and cheaper to simply sell your 500 and get a 600 setup.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
x2 to what the both said^^^^ in addition to me saying that you will also need to use the 600 cylinder head (if you stuck with the 500 bottom).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have pretty much have all that laying around from other projects minus the cdi box, im just wondering what year cylinders will fit on my crankcase?

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Sounds like you have the small block VES 500 right?

That engine shares a common crank with the 440 and 600 VES engines around that year. So any 600 VES(not HO, CFI, or non-ves) top end should bolt right on. If you have the TM38mm rack carbs you can re-use them after you change the jets. You may even be able yo use the 500 CDI with the 600 top end. But you will also need to re-clutch and probably find a 600 pipe, which you might as well just get an aftermarket single pipe.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
*Light Bulb*
I have a 600 VES head (not including the red head cover), CDI box, stator, ignition coils, and the Flatslide rack style carbs with the TPS. All mint, all from a 2003. Also have a mint 600 VES pipe, for the Pro-X chassis, not sure how it would fit in your Gen II chassis.

If you need anything, send me a PM. Prefer local pickup in either Duluth or Minneapolis area, but will do shipping on everything except the pipe and the carbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts