Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to snowcheck a new 04 RMK. I can't make up my mind on which one i want. Most of my riding is going to not in the mountains but right out my back door. I will go to the mountains with it though but should i go bigger even if it is more money?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Going bigger isn't neccisarily better... I would try to find a happy medium. Heres my ultimate mountain machine I made on their website.

/snofan/../images/users/polarisisthebest/polarismountain.jpg

Its got the escape package and the 159 track with the premium shocks. Only one word describes it SSSSWWWWEEEEETTT!!!!!

Polaris4LIFE[:D]

·
Registered
186 Posts
Oh yeah to answer your question I would go with the 700. The added power is nice to have but never very fun to dig yourself out though. [8D]

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Go big, or go home...that's what I always say!! You'll most likely regret not getting the 7 if you don't, both though are very good machines...Either way you can't go wrong, me I would take the 700!

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Id go with the 700...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Now my picture should show up. I forgot to upload it..... silly me[:D]

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2000 700 RMK and it's the BEST machine I have ever owned. Go with the extra power. If you go small and your buddies are leaving you at the bottom of the hill because you can't keep up, you will wish you had bought the 700
also the polaris 700 engines are ALLMOST indestructable.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Go with the 700, the 600's are nice and all, but they just can't climb wih the big ones. The 700 is also a great trail riding size, theres also a lot more of them out there i think, so parts may be easier and upgrades are deffeniatly easier with the 700.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Hyperman I would go with what your budget will allow you to go with. From what I saw last week there is not that big of difference between the 600 and the 700 Polaris motors. There is not a real big difference between the 600 to the 800. I was in Michigan last week and we had a 600,700,and 800 there and there wasn't more then a sled length between the 3 when we raced on the lake. Riley

1 - 18 of 18 Posts