Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new 2010 Rush 600 yesterday and put 100 miles on today. I have to say I love it. Engine seems very responsive and strong even though I'm running mixed fuel and breaking it in. She's awesome in the ditch and eats up the rough stuff. It may take awhile to dial in the suspension but its coming along. It feels a little strange the uncoupled front end, and sitting up high and forward on the trails but seems to corner very nicely and really responds to any body inputs you put into it. The digital instrument package has a ton of options, and will even record three minutes of information including throttle position, RPM and speed for playback. I have not been able to bring up the temp. option on the display however even though I was following the manual word for word. I'm starting to wonder if its an option I didn't get.

Only complaint so far is at -20 degree's Celsius today it was quite cold from the shoulders up. I will have to pick up an intermediate windshield before I head out on any longer trips.

If anyone else has any idea's about the temp. display let me know. Also just out of curiosity what top speed are you other owners getting on this model? I was really surprised to see a top speed recorded at 97 mph when I got home today since I didn't hold full throttle for more than 3 or 4 seconds at a time.

Also one more question, what kind of millage are you getting running premium fuel?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
NorthernFlyer said:
Picked up a new 2010 Rush 600 yesterday and put 100 miles on today. I have to say I love it. Engine seems very responsive and strong even though I'm running mixed fuel and breaking it in. She's awesome in the ditch and eats up the rough stuff. It may take awhile to dial in the suspension but its coming along. It feels a little strange the uncoupled front end, and sitting up high and forward on the trails but seems to corner very nicely and really responds to any body inputs you put into it. The digital instrument package has a ton of options, and will even record three minutes of information including throttle position, RPM and speed for playback. I have not been able to bring up the temp. option on the display however even though I was following the manual word for word. I'm starting to wonder if its an option I didn't get.

Only complaint so far is at -20 degree's Celsius today it was quite cold from the shoulders up. I will have to pick up an intermediate windshield before I head out on any longer trips.

If anyone else has any idea's about the temp. display let me know. Also just out of curiosity what top speed are you other owners getting on this model? I was really surprised to see a top speed recorded at 97 mph when I got home today since I didn't hold full throttle for more than 3 or 4 seconds at a time.

Also one more question, what kind of millage are you getting running premium fuel?
congrats on new sled! and what temp are you looking to get? i think if you use the green button located on the lft handle bar you can get the engine temp, it is a two position button, its hard to explain. but you should be able to "rock" the button to get it to change settings and get to temp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bj.hardy, I understand what your saying but it just doesn't work. Tried it on a buddies Shift and it works, just doesn't happen on my Rush.

I have put on just over 400 miles now, fun sled. I have been having a detonation problem. I'm running 91 octane premium fuel but if I plug in the premium fuel resistor I get a DET warning every time I go to WOT. I put the safe resistor back in and I will get a DET warning once in awhile when I hold WOT for more than a couple of seconds. I am going to try buying fuel at a different gas station in town and hope that I just got some older fuel. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Where abouts are you located? Just curious. I'm originally from The Pas.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Where are you riding in Manitoba that you can log 400+ miles? The snow where I am is garbage...

The 2010 Rush doesn't have engine temp on the MFD. They put it back in for the 2011 because people were complaining. My 2011 Pro-R has it.

I'm not sure where you're at but generally premium fuel is lousy around here. Because very few people buy it it goes stale in the tank at the gas station. You might be getting 8 month old gas. I always run 87 because I know it's fresh.

Only sled I've ever seen my DET light blink on was my '06 Fusion and I think that was because I liked running the jetting a tad on the lean side... Never saw it on my CFI sleds.

Tell me where this snow is to ride 400 miles, I will trailer to it. Things suck here south of Winnipeg along the US border.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Polaris man, I've been riding just north of Winnipeg in the Stonewall and LacduBonnet area's. All the groomed trails are open in the Stonewall area, and some of the trails are open in LacduBonnet. We sure could use more snow, but I have been cruising around breaking in this new machine. Thanks for the info on the temp display, the manual says the 2010 has it but obviously not, its too bad. I'll try 87 fuel next fill, I really don't like getting the DET indication. I just pulled the plugs again and they have a nice cardboard color, the side opposite the clutches is a little lighter than the other but still looks good. Also I have the cowling's off and the tops of the pistons look good as well. Do you add anything to your fuel, isopropal or that Carbon clean?

boody1981, I am actually born and raised in The Pas as well. I lived in Thompson the last five years, and now I am living in Stonewall.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
I use no additives in my fuel. Just 87 octane gas, usually from the local Co-op. I also run Polaris VES Gold oil.

I saw on the Snoman site that the trails up around Stonewall were open. I guess some other places are getting started too but it's apparently pretty miserable. Spruce Woods in particular is supposedly pretty bad with mud and water in low spots on hills and anywhere a ditch runs.

The club I used to run the groomer for was out experimenting yesterday and today, I dunno how it went.

Where'd you pick your sled up? I buy my stuff at Headingley Sport Shop.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Polaris-Man said:
Where are you riding in Manitoba that you can log 400+ miles? [highlight=yellow]The snow where I am is garbage...[/highlight=yellow]The 2010 Rush doesn't have engine temp on the MFD. They put it back in for the 2011 because people were complaining. My 2011 Pro-R has it.

I'm not sure where you're at but generally premium fuel is lousy around here. Because very few people buy it it goes stale in the tank at the gas station. You might be getting 8 month old gas. I always run 87 because I know it's fresh.

Only sled I've ever seen my DET light blink on was my '06 Fusion and I think that was because I liked running the jetting a tad on the lean side... Never saw it on my CFI sleds.

Tell me where this snow is to ride 400 miles, I will trailer to it. Things suck here south of Winnipeg along the US border.
Same here, we've only got like 2 feet as of now[amazon]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, I bought the sled at Headingley. Great to deal with. Sent the salesmen I bought it from an email about the DET indication and he got back to me within about 15 minutes. Sounds like they are going to hook it up to their diagnostic computer and see whats up. I have a feeling it's going to be a knock sensor in the #2 cylinder. I will feel allot more comfortable running it once I get that fixed.

I haven't found any water or mud on the Stonewall trails yet, they have been groomed a couple of times now. We are supposed to get a few inches of snow over the next couple of days, that would be nice.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Letellier? Wow I work in dominion city but live I Morden. I have about 100 mles on so far. I heard it was nice around stonewall.

Northern flyer, PM me your name. I'm sure we know each other if your from the pas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts