Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my wife a 02 600 classic and owner manual says full choke turn key until engine starts but its not starting easily when cold but starts great when warm up ..any ideas? thanks[?]

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
well for ours, it only works when warm too, when its cold we just pull start it. we contacted our dealer and he said its like a car, the batteries gotta be warm or itll be harder to start

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 97 XLT LTD can also be hard to start when cold. I know it is a different engine, but I have learned that it floods easily. There are some thoughts that the needle and seat are bad, allowing gas to seep into the engine when not running (and especially when trailering, or with the rear up on a stand). I also heard the OEM fuel pump diaphram material allows gas to seep past.

My solution has been to turn the gas shutoff valve off whenever I park the sled for a long duration, and ALWAYS turn it off before trailering. It seems to have solved my problem. You might want to try this.

One of my sleds has electric start, and the battery needs to be well charged in order to get it to spin over quickly enough to start. Although pulling it certainly doesn't spin it over very quickly. Try charging the battery before you start it cold and see if that makes any difference. Just a couple of ideas....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts