Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rebuilt the engine and now it idles at 3000. I don't know how to tune these carbs. I know car carbs but dont know where the idle screw is. I if someone can give me a run down on tuneing these or point towards a good guide. Also the engine idle changes as the throtle cable moves. i pulled it off the thumb trigger and tried pushing it all the way in and it wont go below 3000. maybe i need to disconect thtm from the carbs also and re run them or something any help thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
could i get some help today guys its going to snow this weekend and i would like to be up and running. thanks.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If the rebuild was done properly and no air leaks are evident, you can adjust the carbs with the 10mm nut on top of the carb where the cable enters. Simply loosen the nut and turn the barrel portion of the cable in several turns to lower the slides of the carbs. Each carb should be evenly set. I usually have about a 1/4" to 3/8" opening on each carb. I think you may have about 1/2" or so that results in a 3000 rpm idle.
Try this first and then you can fine tune with the idle screw. The idle screw will be the screw with a spring on it. Turn out for lower idle.
D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts