Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 27 yrs of riding I am a firm believer that when a Cat engine gets to 6000 miles it is ready to let go . Some engines do not even make this. 1990 EXT special - broke crank at connecting rod journal 3500 mi. 1995 ZR580 efi broke crank output end 3200 mi and broke off piston skirt at 6100 mi 1998 ZR 500 both pistons dropped the piston ring non rotator pins $2300 $Can repair 2 new jugs - 6666 mi. The last two repairs I payed all others A/C covered even after warrenty over. I like the performace but hate the repair costs and cost of gas in my area. Tim

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
good deal that AC helpt u out on repairs, i had a 93 EXT w/ bout 5500 miles and it was rebuilt b4 i got it at bout 3000 and no problems w/ it at all

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
i dont know.....it depends on how bad you beat on a sled too.....in northern minnesota...i met a guy that had near 15,000.....sure he did some repairs....but thats normal.....i guess....it all depends on how you ride it from my stand point

ARTIC CAT....my way to play

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've got an '88 Cougar with 18k on it. Seized a piston by jetting it lean once, but other than that, ride like the wind. This one stays on the trails in the mountains though. Pretty babied, but it's not enough power to handle the deep stuff.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
my sled went 5500 miles including a no-oil seizure by previous owner before I rebuilt it!

I've put 1000 miles on it since, and we'll see how many i can put on this winter.

-Dean

·
Registered
425 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts on the average lifespan of a Polaris 600 Tripple?

* Polaris * ......... The Way Out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts