Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am just starting out and buying my first sled. I am going to look at this one tonight and wonder if you guys have any opinions.

http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/268211920.html

I know tons about motorcycles but nothing about these things. I know that it is a 2 stroke 3 cylinder but what else is good to know about these things.

Ups or downs or any suggestions on sleds to look for I would appreciate it. Looking to spend 2000 dollars or so.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
nice looking sled, there is 1400 miles told on the site there. loks ok any yamaha tripple is good. 144 also go take a look and see what it looks like up in person.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Looks like a good sled, That yammie will have tones of miles left in it. I love my tripple.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
well i unno i am guessing around 90-100. add a pip and some gears and clutching and there you have a nie sled.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Funny, I just got into bikes.. but I know sleds 10x better.

What kind of riding are you looking to do?
Do you want to be the fastest guy out there, middle, or don't care?
Gas mileage an issue?
What dealers do you have close (not 3 hrs away) that you can get parts from if needed?

·
Registered
757 Posts
all i know is that the 680 tripples have some balls to the walls torque and a scary big powerband

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am looking to ride it on vail pass.......so powder/packed powder conditions in the big mountains.

I have all the dealers artic cat polaris yamaha and ski doo fairly close.

I don't care if i have the fastest sled made but I want one that is relaible and won't get me stuck back in the mountains.

that being said I also race street bikes so it needs to have a little balls to it.

let me know what you think. what should I inspect .....what ?'s should I ask when going to purchase?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
new pipes about $700-1000, maybe you can pickup a set of used for like 300-400. gears are cheap maybe $100-150 and clutching maybe another $200

just rough prices, not exact but whatever

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so if I get a tripple I would need to put $1000-1500 in her to make her a ripper. I like to play and modify with my toys. is this a good starter sled?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
i would say for what you wanna ride thats a pretty good starter. like i said go take a look and went you get there and look it over would will see if it is a good sled. check all the idler wheels in the rear skid, check compression, check for overall wear, and most of all how clean the sled is this will tell you how the sled has been taken care of.

have fun looking, this looks okay from the pic but sleds all ways look good from 20+ feet away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts