Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 650 RXL EFI and it wont start. It seems that it gets way to much fuel. I believe the spark is alright and the battery reads 12,4 volts. The ECU does not indicate any failure. Any good ideas to handle the problem.
Thanks
Morten

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Your probably flooded. Replace the plugs then try this trick, hold the throttle all the way down to the bar and attempt to start. What this will do is disengage the ECU until the motor is up to 800 RPM and then it will start injecting more fuel. Or if you feel the plugs are good just give the secret trick a shot.[;)]

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
They could, to test this you can take the airbox off and leave the ECU connected and just turn the key to the on position and look down the the throats of the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Also, you may want to do a compression check and see what you get. Because you have two of the three things you need for this motor to run. You could be missing the third, which is compression.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi again
Thanks for your time.
I did what you told me. New sparkplugs and full throttle. The sled stated and after a warm up I drove 1/2 mile. It had difficult to pass 6000 rpm and when I shut it down I couldn't start again. I cleaned the plugs but the sparks isn't strong.

Morten

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The compression seems fine.
When I remove the three small drainplugs in the crankcase a small amount of oil/fuel mixture comes out.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Okay, you said the spark is weak. If you have a digital multimeter test the resistance of the capacitors one by one, make sure to disconnect them. Should come out to around 4.something.

·
Registered
713 Posts
If you have weak spark, check to make sure the plug wires are all the way in, also see if any wires are cracked or damaged. If everything else checks out start check resitance of the ignition coils and the exciter coil located on the stater.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Almond Polaris spring works nice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
ive got a redish colour in my RXL sks.... and it grabs hard... like unreal hard..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts