Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i thought it could be just the caps so i replaced them all but no. The spark fallows what ever cylinder i put it on. My next thing im gunna try tomarrow is put a new wire on. But if that doesnt work anyone got some indy 650 coils they wanna sell?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Did you check the connection between the plug wire and the ignition coils. They are underneath the carbs/throttle bodies. To check just pull up the belt guard and you should be able to see.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
If you figure out you need something electrical, let me know.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by 92rxl
[br]Did you check the connection between the plug wire and the ignition coils. They are underneath the carbs/throttle bodies. To check just pull up the belt guard and you should be able to see.
thats what im going to do. Im gunna replace the whole wire to see if thats what it is. Thanks ZRXpilot ill let you know.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
most likely a buggered coil(s). Easy fix.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by CanadianXCR
[br]most likely a buggered coil(s). Easy fix.
yea thats what im thinking most likley. theres a nice set on ebay im lookin to get.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by yamarx1
[br]If Ebay fails send me a PM have a good set of 3 coils.
thanks dude what ya lookin to get for them?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright guys scored 3 coils on ebay for 13.39 total!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/polaris-indy-coils_W0QQitemZ270075423469QQihZ017QQcategoryZ100456QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
i usually don't cheap out on electrical stuff, but those ones looked fairly new and for 14 bucks you can't say no. Hopefully this works for you.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by CanadianXCR
[br]i usually don't cheap out on electrical stuff, but those ones looked fairly new and for 14 bucks you can't say no. Hopefully this works for you.
thats pretty much what exactly i was thinking too.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
For that price, I would have bought them just to keep for spares! Nice find. I hope you get it up and running soon.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Zrxpilot
[br]For that price, I would have bought them just to keep for spares! Nice find. I hope you get it up and running soon.
yea me too thanks. They look to be in nice shape. And if hes not lying they should be awsome.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
update:: Ok i went out and changed my plug wires just for the hell of it. it really helped my other plugs real birhg snappy spark. But still the middle cylinder has real weak spark if any at all some. So do u guys think its still the coil?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
The 650 parts I think are interchangeble. Swap two out and see if anything changes. Its only two little bolts. Good luck bro.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[br]The 650 parts I think are interchangeble. Swap two out and see if anything changes. Its only two little bolts. Good luck bro.
well i have to get the other coils first, then i will swap.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Dont know how far you are from Mpls but im in the garage all day this Friday. Have all/most the parts you need to bolt and try. If something works, you can buy beer.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[br]Dont know how far you are from Mpls but im in the garage all day this Friday. Have all/most the parts you need to bolt and try. If something works, you can buy beer.
id love to take you up on that but im in Michigan. thanks tho bro![8D]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts