Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
how do the raiders run like speed, handling, power, supesion, . I want to get one is the reason for asking there pretty cool lookin imo. oh yah do they got radios and like heaters and stuff

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Thats a nice line up of sleds, looks like you have some pretty rare ones, I like the drag sled to..

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Pretty sweet lineup.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
That's quite the collection you got there!
Very nice.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
VERY nice Raiders...man.
I've got kind of a rare sled too, an 81 Trailcat that's almost impossible to get parts for, you must have the same probelm with all those rare machines.

So is the Powder your main ride, or do they all get a run once in a while?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Thanks Raiderman,
I have only seen a handful around here, and only found one place in Alberta that has a few with really rusted parts.

Engine, and most drivetrain stuff isn't bad, but for things like trailing arms other suspension parts I'll definitely keep your info if I need something....thanks.

Here's some pics of last summers restoration:
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofan/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2848&SearchTerms=81,trailcat

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
cool sleds. How do you store them all?

·
Registered
11 Posts
hello, i'm new to this site, i'll introduce myself shortly if theres a intro forum. i found this website while trying to search up some more info on raiders, i'm a proud owner of 2 of them. a 73' 44TT and a 75 RoadRunner. the 44TT has a 440CCW engine, the floors and frame have been taken to bare metal and rustproofed 2 summers ago, all new fuel lines, filters, rebuilt carb, new throttle cable, points, condensors, plugs, wires, reupholstered interior, and some new wiring and rectifier, altho still fighting with lighting system. the other i havent ridden since i was 12, it has a 340 kohler, only 958 miles since new. i love your raiders raider man, those are some sweet looking sleds. if you have any part raiders around, i'd really love a rectifier off a CCW engined raider, i hear they cannot be changed between kohler engined raiders and CCW engined raiders, and with my problems it seems to hold true. i just recently sold my 89 570EX Yamaha. pretty quick, but was forced to sell, and just glad i am not riding the old El Tigre and Chapparell anymore. in the off season i play with my Opel GT, altho sad enough to say the raider will probably outrun it on a 0 to 50 run, these things hook up so nice, and are torque monsters out of the box. from my findings so far, they are the indy car equivelant to a snowmobile in terms of handeling. sorry for the lengthy post but i can tell i'm really gonna love this website.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Beautiful collection of sleds!! You are definately a Snowmobile Fanatic!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.