Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,738 Posts
I wouldn't risk it. Yeah, I bet they fit and line up perfectly. But the 680 and the 650 are two completely different motors that would require different back pressure in the expansion chamber (aka, the pipe).

· Registered
1,552 Posts
another thing i forgot to mention is the ultra pipe is tuned for a higher rpm then 650 pipes. the ultra motor revs out ar 9500rpm. well at least mine does with the aaen triple pipes. but aaen pipes are designed for 9500rpm so its not to hard on the motor

· Registered
114 Posts
Anything you can do to that dinosaur of an exhaust other than put pipes on it? Weighs a friggen ton!

Jonesy.

· Registered
537 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
another thing i forgot to mention is the ultra pipe is tuned for a higher rpm then 650 pipes. the ultra motor revs out ar 9500rpm. well at least mine does with the aaen triple pipes. but aaen pipes are designed for 9500rpm so its not to hard on the motor
Where are the aaens tuned for? That seems pretty high although my dad had his xcr 600 running at 10k for a little bit. Took a little to much weight off lol.

· Registered
537 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
yes i got the wot rpm down to 8800rpm to be safe. all im sayin is the pipes are designed to run 9500rpm sled sounds wicked at that rpm with the aaens lol
Oh you made it sound like you were running 9500 rpms. I was just wondering if you added weight to get the rpms down a little because it probly isnt making peak hp at 9500 rpms.

· Registered
1,552 Posts
no i would say it was makeing peak at 9500rpm it did 125 and some change with stock gears. now its geared down so it dont go that fast. i would have run it like that but i was only geting 5mpg. i couldent afford the gas it ate. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.