Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a cherry 02 700MM with 700 miles on it for $3000.

I want it to be a "backup" sled that handles the steep and deep if my primary sled has an accident

I've never been around yamaha's but the price was right and the sled is in showroom condition.

What do I need to do to make this thing run and keep up with the bigger twins? Pipes, can, suspension stuff? Any yamaha experts advice would be greatly appreciated. 99% of our riding is high elevation, boondocking climbing etc. (wyoming, colorado, montana area)

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I appologize for the cross post as I didn't see this forum until I had already posted in the mountain section.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
damn please dont tell me u got it on eBay? I saw several sleds on there for $2,700, $3,000 and stuff... its a big time SCAM going on.. I hope u didnt!!! man, but if u didnt. then thats a SWEEET DEAL!!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Pipes, Can and clutching should get you started. They aren't the best (Most Hp) out of the box but they do respond well to mods. Clutching is real important on that sled with pipes on it since it has a pretty narrow power band. It also responds well to porting. Not a Yamaha expert but I do ride with a guy who swears by em.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts