Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a cherry 02 700MM with 700 miles on it for $3000.

I want it to be a "backup" sled that handles the steep and deep if my primary sled has an accident [:p]

I've never been around yamaha's but the price was right and the sled is in showroom condition.

What do I need to do to make this thing run and keep up with the bigger twins? Pipes, can, suspension stuff? Any yamaha experts advice would be greatly appreciated. 99% of our riding is high elevation, boondocking climbing etc. (wyoming, colorado, montana area)

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
of course tripple pipes, you can shed some wieght and gain huge power. gearing and clutching are huge to a mountain sled, the right kind of track makes a difference. soft lugs in early soft snow so the lugs will bend and try to walk on the snow istead of trenching in. in sno-tech magizine there is a couple mountain yamaha places. you could go with titanium springs or one of there rear suspensions and shed some wieght

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Pipes, can, clutching. The sled also responds well to porting if you have someone local you trust to make the mods. There is a local guy here who used to hold the pro stock bike world record who can make a 700 triple scream.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
2000TCMC...by "here" I assume you're mean Anchorage? I was looking at getting an 02 MM700. Who are you refering too, because I would like to get a few mods on it.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Actually (sorry) it was an '03 MM700...

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
2000TCMC...Thanx...B there 2morrow!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.