Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a cherry 02 700MM with 700 miles on it for $3000.

I want it to be a "backup" sled that handles the steep and deep if my primary sled has an accident [:p]

I've never been around yamaha's but the price was right and the sled is in showroom condition.

What do I need to do to make this thing run and keep up with the bigger twins? Pipes, can, suspension stuff? Any yamaha experts advice would be greatly appreciated. 99% of our riding is high elevation, boondocking climbing etc. (wyoming, colorado, montana area)

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
of course tripple pipes, you can shed some wieght and gain huge power. gearing and clutching are huge to a mountain sled, the right kind of track makes a difference. soft lugs in early soft snow so the lugs will bend and try to walk on the snow istead of trenching in. in sno-tech magizine there is a couple mountain yamaha places. you could go with titanium springs or one of there rear suspensions and shed some wieght

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Pipes, can, clutching. The sled also responds well to porting if you have someone local you trust to make the mods. There is a local guy here who used to hold the pro stock bike world record who can make a 700 triple scream.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
2000TCMC...by "here" I assume you're mean Anchorage? I was looking at getting an 02 MM700. Who are you refering too, because I would like to get a few mods on it.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Actually (sorry) it was an '03 MM700...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Talk to Squeeks O'Connor at the Anchorage Yamaha shop. He's the man when it comes to Yamaha triples, Or just go fast motors in general. Cord the owner is pretty good too.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Another thing, ditch the POS Yokahama track thats on there. Get a Camoplast and you'll be suprised how much weight you save! Other than that, pretty much what everyone else said....clutching and TRIPLES.....

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
2000TCMC...Thanx...B there 2morrow!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts