Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lined up a set of cylinders and valves for a 700 with VES. i am wondering if i could put them on my '00 700? will I need to get different heads? Will my stock pipe fit?

Has anyone else done this?
Help is greatly appreciated.

Drift

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I know of a guy that did it and he did not change the head or pipe ran well.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by powersledder
[br]don't you have to get different pipes for a VES engine? I know SLP has different part numbers for the different pipes

different chassis????

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
maybe that's why, but then why do they advertise them as with out without VES? Could you actually get more power by having a pipe tuned for a VES engine?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I believe the VES engines typically have a much larger pipe

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I don't know about that as the clam shells are the same. They may have less low end built into the pipe with the ves.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it will work. I was looking for soon better low end and midrange power so this is good news.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Originally posted by driftpounder
[br]So it will work. I was looking for soon better low end and midrange power so this is good news.

yes it will work but you need the ves pipe and head. I have both from my 04 700 that im not going to be using anymore. if you need pm me and we can work out something, since they are wasting space in the garage.

cheers

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]Not to ruin a sale but it is not need, It maybe better but not"needed"

your right but then why bother with the expense of going to ves if your not going to get all the power out of it. it would be cheaper just to get a head for the non ves and call it a day and have about 3hp less then the a stock 700 ves. if your going to swap to ves why not get the head and pipe designed for it. and yes there are slight difference to the pipe an head of a ves 700 compared to a non ves. im not saying this to push a sale. all the pipe and head do it sit they dont bother me none to sit for 10 yrs. just trying to help out a fellow sf member.

cheers

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I know what your are saying....Depends on how far a guy wants to go.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The head and pipe should be fine, but you will want to get a cdi for a ves motor, the timing curves are different between the two motors.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by JONESIE
[br]
Originally posted by driftpounder
[br]So it will work. I was looking for soon better low end and midrange power so this is good news.

yes it will work but you need the ves pipe and head. I have both from my 04 700 that im not going to be using anymore. if you need pm me and we can work out something, since they are wasting space in the garage.

cheers
Thanks for the offer, but it is looking like I may not be getting the cylinders anyway, the guy changed his mind and isn't selling them now, and as more sf members post it seems more expensive than I originally thought.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts