Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed in the parts diagram that it has a belt under the recoil that powers the waterpump.

How long does this belt last? How hard is it to replace?

Thanks!

Rainman

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Trail riding it can almost last forever, but Polaris recommends changing them out after a couple thousand miles. The harder you ride and the harder you make the sled run like in deep powder, lots of slush, watercross, and high loads, the more often you want to change it out. There's a guy on snowest that I bought a couple kevlar reinforced ones that last nearly forever and are much stronger than the stock ones. Much worth it if you ask me. Shouldn't be hard to change out on a Classic, Pro-X is a different story though.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
[attachment=18610]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
CHANGE IT!!! Costed me a motor because I didn,t even think about the belt. I did have 9800 miles on though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by myvertxcape
[br]Trail riding it can almost last forever, but Polaris recommends changing them out after a couple thousand miles. The harder you ride and the harder you make the sled run like in deep powder, lots of slush, watercross, and high loads, the more often you want to change it out. There's a guy on snowest that I bought a couple kevlar reinforced ones that last nearly forever and are much stronger than the stock ones. Much worth it if you ask me. Shouldn't be hard to change out on a Classic, Pro-X is a different story though.
With only 700 miles on it, sounds like it should be fine for this winter.

Thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts