Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sled runs good but it will foul the plug on the clutch side, other side is perfect brown on the tip and the clutch side is black. i switch them and it runs on 2 again. black plug will turn brown and brown one will run good for awile then foul. both carbs are set the same i have no idea what this could be. i run ngk br8es in it because those were the plugs in the engine when i got it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uh yah some times when its cold to start it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
you sure you are not flooding it? try to take the plugs out pull the rope and it might clear up the shit in the cylinder... also check spark make sure it is always getting spark on that side...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
get some new plugs. Personally i dont like NGK on old sleds cause they seem to foul out all the time. I now only buy champions. Also like stated above make sure the PTO side is getting a constant spark.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Clean the carb.
Likely that the choke plunger is stuck open which is causing over fueling.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it has twin carbs and they are both very clean considering i have changed the jets in them. i beleve its what shellfire is saying ,over priming it. i had it out last night and it ran great i hardley primed it to start it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts