Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my friend bought this snowmobile last year, and we were unable to keep it running. Now, we replaced everything in the carb, and cleaned it. Now, I believe that these snowmobiles are supposed to have impulse lines that run from the carb to the bottom of the crank case. This snowmobile doesnt have one, and somwhere I heard that some of the Tillotson carbs dont have one. We did get a second engine when we bought the snowmobile, and that has a fitting in the gasket that connects the carb to the engine. This fitting is not on the engine in the snomobile right now. I dont know what to think. I cant figure out what is going wrong. What do you guys think? Where could I find a gasket with the fitting in it?

·
Registered
128 Posts
if its a skidoo rotax look for a small hole in the carb flange and check that your gasket has the same hole. that small hole is your pulse curcuit to your crankcase. other machines used the hose instead. make sure your carb wasn,t off of a hoser cause it wont have that little porthole[:p]

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it was a hoser, where does the hose go to? would there be a fitting somwhere on the crank case?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts