Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled out of an old building what i believe is a 73 tx....because it was manufactured in 72. Its a 400 with crome skis and after a little tlc....runs like a clock. I am wondering if anyone knows anyhting about this model and where i can find parts for it. Also what the correct fuel oil mixture should be.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Mix at 40:1.
F/A or fan?
The F/A engine will be faster.
Parts are easily available online.

·
Registered
393 Posts
bulkhead86 said:
I pulled out of an old building what i believe is a 73 tx....because it was manufactured in 72. Its a 400 with crome skis and after a little tlc....runs like a clock. I am wondering if anyone knows anyhting about this model and where i can find parts for it. Also what the correct fuel oil mixture should be.
For parts I would look on or put a wanted ad on vintagesleds.com.I think that motor is a fan cooled?Motor number should be a EC40P 398cc.Either a Charger400 or a Mustang400 I beleive.I,ve got a bunch of specs on that model.Let me know what you need.Mixture is 40:1.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a free air motor and it is a tx model. I recently took it on a old time snowmobile run and the old girl made it the entire 80 mile loop. My knees and back however did not fare so well.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I had one of these when I was a kid. Fast sled for it's day- my friends on their old Doos and Cats couldn't stay with me on the lake! If you could ever get that old cleated track to hook up it would actually pull the skis a little!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts