Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone has noticed but i was rebuilding my cheetah 340, the entire thing has been restored along with an engine rebuild. I fire'd her up today, had some carb problems; it would idle with choke on but not accelerate, then it would accerelrate with choke off but would not idle. I adjusted my idle with the throttle cable adjustment so it will now idle and accelerate fine with choke off, not sure about starting becuase by the time i got it set up the thing was hot. Anyway being hot is the basis of my question, i got it running fine, accelerate well, idles smooth, the carb is a wf-1 and is set idle screw 2 turns our, air bleed 1/4 turn out. The plugs have black carbon on them, fairly dry carbon. they are br8eix iridium version of br8es.For whatever reason i get the feeling the engine is running/getting too hot, the entire engine becomes warm to the touch (you can leave your hand on it, wont burn, but you can feel the warmth). I REALLY do not want to run this thing lean and ruin all the work i just did. Any idea if im doing anything wrong, how hot the thing should be, or any pointers atall? BTW im running 20:1 with polaris pure oil.[attachment=58664]

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts