Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 750 storm engine It has one scored piston I was wondering if it was possiable to put 800 jugs on it and turn it into a 800.Or even maike it in to a 680 ultra motor they are all case reed engines are they not.So buy rights it should work with the right components? The reason I want to do this is I have a 680 ultra which I have recently rebuilt so I would just like to build a spare engine just in case you never no whats gunna happen durring the season down time sucks

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Wasn't the 93 750 Storm a piston port engine instead of a case reed??

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Nope, It was one of there first reed inducted engine. Weather it will fit I don't know.

Pm madcow he may know for sure.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I see..Yeah pm madcow he's a GURU when it comes to that sort of stuff...

·
Registered
815 Posts
The Ultra jugs will not fit on the Storm bottem end. The Storm had a completely different bottom end than any other motor by Polaris. However, it is probably the strongest. One of the best bottem ends to build a mod off of.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
for the non beleivers.....[:D]

[attachment=51368]

Attachments

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the bolt pattern is a little different. you could manipulate the bolt holes to fit xcr 800 jugs on there.

for the most part I would rebuild the motor. it is only 50 dollars per hole for boring and hone. I would like to believe you could get the 800 pistons in there. if you take the jug off and get me a photo of the bottom of the jug. with some work on the motor and some aftermarket pipes with good machine setup there is potential.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts