Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got a gimie today from a friend...its a 76 tx340...a few questions... what was the stock hp for this sled? and what are some good cheap mods to do (it will be used as an ice racing oval sled...also how do the tx 340's differ from the colts? port design or?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Those are fast sleds, espesially when its really cold out. Where will you be racing? or what series?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
www.sledsracing.com not sure i will get it out this year or not...keep in mind its just the regular tx and not the starfire tx

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok did a little searching and found this out...76 was the first year polaris used the jackshaft, they came with chrome cylinders,they were an all aluminum chassis with fiberglass bellypan, the engine made 47-48 horse...anyone else have anything to add?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
It has a cleated track, I am not sure but I think its the same chassis as the 73 Starfire. Oh yeah and they are totally different from the colt, colts had different chassis(steel), no jackshaft, lower performance engines...

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Originally posted by ski-doo211
[br]It has a cleated track, I am not sure but I think its the same chassis as the 73 Starfire. Oh yeah and they are totally different from the colt, colts had different chassis(steel), no jackshaft, lower performance engines...
Terrible suspensions, fan cooled, used points (no CDI), 28mm carbs (if i remember right), the list goes on.

As for pipes you can use the Centurion triple pipes. TX-340 pipes were custom made, but there were a few people making triple pipes for the Cent. Pick up a set and have an extra. You'll see them around every once in a while.

Bryan

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by ibreakstuff
[br]
Originally posted by ski-doo211
[br]It has a cleated track, I am not sure but I think its the same chassis as the 73 Starfire. Oh yeah and they are totally different from the colt, colts had different chassis(steel), no jackshaft, lower performance engines...
Terrible suspensions, fan cooled, used points (no CDI), 28mm carbs (if i remember right), the list goes on.

As for pipes you can use the Centurion triple pipes. TX-340 pipes were custom made, but there were a few people making triple pipes for the Cent. Pick up a set and have an extra. You'll see them around every once in a while.

Bryan
76 tx-340 is a free air and used the race style suspension from the 75 model year tx's...76 was the first year of the CDI

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i got the electrical problem fixed...ended up being a bad stator...got it to run for a few seconds tonight just by spraying some fuel in through the carbs...now i have to rebuild the carbs run some new fuel line and possibly get a new fuel pump...after that i should beable to get it running and timed...heres a quick pic. of it...still needs alot of TLC[attachment=55391]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
fuel pump is rebuildable.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by OldCatRider
[br]fuel pump is rebuildable.
i know but for 29 bucks i wasnt going to mess with it...i can replace it with a new one and rebuild the old one [:)]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts