Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1978 jag 3000 with no spark. I have unplugged the plug coming from the stator that goes to the kill switch, throttle safety switch, and key and tried to start it with a jumper wire between the black and brown and without because I am unsure if it is supposed to have an open circuit or closed, but I get the same results either way. If I leave it alone for awhile, then pull it over, I can get spark for a few strokes, then back to nothing. I have tried a different CDI, and a different coil but niether did anything. The coil is from an early 90s 440. I just gave it a try because I had it and it has the same plug, so it could still be a problem. The magneto is clean as can be, but could it be effecting the spark like this? I held the wires coming out of the mag with my finger and could feel that its producing juice, but it doesn't feel to strong.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem here?
I'm going to get a voltage and ohm tester and test everything, so
does anyone have the ohm readings for this sled?

Thanks

·
Registered
632 Posts
behind the throttle lever there is a small pin that sticks out. If that pin gets stuck, you wont have spark. had the same problem on the old 79 Jag.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts