Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my tnt out and its in the auto shop at school, i can run it fine with the primer pumping but it will not pump fuel manually, so i took the fuel pump out and took the little plastic diaphrams out and flipped them over, i can get it too go to the pump and if i pull the hose off to the carb and pulse it with my finger, and then put the hose back on, and it will pump up the line a bit and then wont go any further, anyone know what i can do here? do i need a fuel pump rebuild kit or anything like that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had the same problem with my sled. I replaced all the gas lines, bought a new fuel pump and all the needles and seat.(except the main needle, the one that runs through the middle of the slide and carb.) The gas hose is cheap, the fuel pump cost about $42.00 and the needles and seat were about $80.00. Sled runs great now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
you can check the vaccum on the motor i hve a 77 440 tnt had to put all new gaskets in it sat to long oand they dried up

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
How much gas is in your tank? I had that problem on my '70 Nordic so I filled up the gas tank and it worked fine again. I think the problem was that the gas tank was below the carbs and so the vacuum wasn't strong enough to pull gas up to the carbs unless the tank had enough gas in it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts