Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey would anybody have a belt number for me to replace the one I have as my local Polaris dealer cannot help me without a part number Assuming I am going to use a factory replacement on this sled so I am not partial to a factory number or after market like dayco or something Any help would be appreciated thanx alot
 

· Registered
Joined
·
570 Posts
i beleive it could be the 045 polaris belt. but i could be wrong. been awhile since i had a 500 engine in my centurion. cant believe the dealer cant give you a part #. my dealer still has the old micro-fish and looks up part #'s for my '80 txl. i know you want a factory belt, but might try dennis kirk for an aftermarket, might be a bit cheaper. they run just as good.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help i will check that out ..my local polaris dealer isnt the most helpful so i will chack around for another..I just picked this sled up wanted one for a long time its not quite set up the way i want over clutched etc..what motor are you running in your sled??...thanks again russ
 

· Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
oldskooltriple said:
thanks for the help i will check that out ..my local polaris dealer isnt the most helpful so i will chack around for another..I just picked this sled up wanted one for a long time its not quite set up the way i want over clutched etc..what motor are you running in your sled??...thanks again russ
Some polaris dealers only use computers to look up parts and the software only goes back to 85 or 86.Some are good on the vintage stuff some aren,t.They should be able to help you on the belt,if not most aftermarket belt manufacturers have a listing.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
570 Posts
oldskooltriple said:
thanks for the help i will check that out ..my local polaris dealer isnt the most helpful so i will chack around for another..I just picked this sled up wanted one for a long time its not quite set up the way i want over clutched etc..what motor are you running in your sled??...thanks again russ
motor is a 650 hansen race motor, basically the same as a HTG race motor (hot-to-go). 160 hp. strictly a speed run sled for ice only. i beleive our best run in 1,000 ft was a little over 114.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
would one of you guys with a 79-80 centurion do me a favor and measure your hood? how long front to back, and how wide they are? got another idea that wont leave me alone till i figure out if its doable or not lol
 

· Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
fasttxl340 said:
i beleive it could be the 045 polaris belt. but i could be wrong. been awhile since i had a 500 engine in my centurion. cant believe the dealer cant give you a part #. my dealer still has the old micro-fish and looks up part #'s for my '80 txl. i know you want a factory belt, but might try dennis kirk for an aftermarket, might be a bit cheaper. they run just as good.
I believe the original belt was the 042. The 045 I think is the updated version of the 042. Basically the belt off any Indy 400, 500, 600, even up to the XLT wedge chassis sleds all took the same belt I believe.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
oldskooltriple said:
Hey would anybody have a belt number for me to replace the one I have as my local Polaris dealer cannot help me without a part number Assuming I am going to use a factory replacement on this sled so I am not partial to a factory number or after market like dayco or something Any help would be appreciated thanx alot
Belt number is 3211042.

According to my Intertech book, this belt was very common starting in 1976 to at least 1986 where the data ends. Every Polaris in model years 1984-1986 except the SS used this belt. IE: Indy Trail, Indy 400, Indy 600.....
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top