Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
First off, I want to thank you all for the great site and forum. It's good to have a place to ask newbe questions of knowledgable riders.
On to the good stuff...
I just bought a '79 Kawasaki Drifter 440 with a TA440B-C201 engine. The engine doesn't run, and I've come to the conclusion that the seals are shot. It has spark and compression, and the carb looks brand new inside. The cylinders and pistons are in great shape. The fuel pump is also in great shape, but won't pump. I shot starter fluid in the carb and she won't even sputter. With spark and compression, I figure it could only be seals...
So... I bought a full gasket kit with seals, and will begin rebuilding the engine this weekend.
I'm looking for advice on pulling the flywheel and driven clutch without damaging the crank or anything else. I haven't found any technical documentaion for this engine, so I'm kinda winging it.
I welcome any advice and tips - this is my first experience with 2-stroke engines :)

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
If you haven't already, I'd look for a clutch puller for your primary. That should pop it off nicely.

As for the flywheel, you should just be able to pick up a universal flywheel puller at any auto parts store.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts