Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate any help with this. I have a 1979 Kawasaki Drifter 340 and I need to know how to get the helix off the secondary clutch so I can change the spring. I would post a photo if I had one. Maybe someone else does. Thanks.[?]

·
Registered
434 Posts
I will help you with this when i get a chance, my parts books/manuals are 1200 miles away right now and i have never had a drifter personally

·
Registered
340 Posts
Not all Kawasakis have the chain case on the clutch side.

I would think you just set the brake & unbolt it. You have to take the little brace that goes from the center of the secondary off first.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I know the 77 Kawasaki sno jets have the clutch side chain cases. The sno jet Astro's were the beginnings of the Drifter.

Trucker- You need to pick up a Drifter! Those things float like no other sled.

[attachment=42346]
[attachment=42348]

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ltd440snowrider, your sled has the same clutch/helix design as my drifter. How on earth do you get that helix off? Can't seem to figure it out.[?][?]

·
Registered
434 Posts
I want to get a 80 340 F/A drifter but im out of funds and space right now but im working on downsizing a bit.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Polarispat- I would assume you just un-bolt the nut that is attached to the brace. I have never had to take one off. The sled in the pictures is actually my buddys sled. It's a 77 Sno Jet Astro 440. He owns three other Drifters though.

Like I said in an earlier post- set the brake (so the secondary stays put) and unscrew the bolt thats on the oposite side of the chain case.
Hope this helps & good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.