Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello this is my first post on here, i just got a 79 enticer 300 today at least i think its a 79 theres no title or tags, but i blew the clutch up, would an exicter 440 clutch fit on it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey.

I've had a 1980 enticer 300 ever since it was new. The clutch was a real problem. They used the same clutch as the much lower reving single cylinder enticer 250 on this machine and it just doesn't stand up. We blew it up 3 times before giving up on the stocker.

We put a comet 94C clutch on it, which was cheap and has been bullet proof. It is a nice clutch for lower speed trails, as it backshifts nicely. However, the sled lost its top end zip with this clutch. The comet 102C may be a better choice if you want to maintain the performance of this sweet little sled.

Either way , I wouldn't put any more money into the stock clutch.
Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, but its kind of a beater sled and ive got an old exciter motor that blew up, so my friend kevin said i could have it, so i need to press the clutch off at school,

·
Registered
329 Posts
It should work fine, I have same thing. Just check the shaft size and be sure it was not changed. Yamaha use the same clutches for all sleds. Most anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts