Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachment=50546]Here it is, my 1979 Kawasaki Drifter 340 project. Motor is a 440 from a Sno-Jet SST. Runs good, needs a windshield, tach, choke cable, and a left ski. Anybody else with drifters post your pics.[attachment=50543] [attachment=50551]

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
[attachment=18496]

Here is a picture of my best friends Drifter. Thats one of 4 he owns. He also has a 77 Sno Jet (Father of the Kawasaki Drifter)

That's a clean looking Drifter! Very Nice!

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Thats a nice drifter ltd440snowrider. Do you or your friend know where I can find a factory windshield? I can't seem to get one from Kawasaki.[:)]

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Kimpex or SnoStuff

·
Registered
340 Posts
Pat- Try a google on "Image Enterprises"- Bob is a great guy and always has or will find the hard to find Kawasaki goodies.

While I gotcha- My buddy and I are working on putting a 78 440 drifter motor into an 80 chassis. The darned exhaust won't line up and when we shift the motor over to line it up it throws the clutch alignment way off. Did you run into any problems when you did your swap? Do you have any suggestions on how to make it fit?
Thanks

·
Registered
434 Posts
Originally posted by polarispat
[br]Thanks guys. Thats a nice drifter ltd440snowrider. Do you or your friend know where I can find a factory windshield? I can't seem to get one from Kawasaki.[:)]
I sent you a link to a NOS one on ebay otherwise i do know of someone else that has them too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by ltd440snowrider
[br]Pat- Try a google on "Image Enterprises"- Bob is a great guy and always has or will find the hard to find Kawasaki goodies.

While I gotcha- My buddy and I are working on putting a 78 440 drifter motor into an 80 chassis. The darned exhaust won't line up and when we shift the motor over to line it up it throws the clutch alignment way off. Did you run into any problems when you did your swap? Do you have any suggestions on how to make it fit?
Thanks
My motor was swapped when I bought the sled. Make sure the motor and clutch are lined up good first. You may have to drill a new hole through the bellypan for your exhaust if your motor is a yamaha like mine. The exhaust will rest kind of funny on the original mount. Post some pictures if you can. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts