Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to open another can of worms because I am having a drawnout discussion on the Polaris board to figure out what year my Indy is but I also recently bought an ET250 for my son and the model/vin # on the side says (or ends in) the #79. So is this a 79 sled or an 80?
--Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, if anyone has any pics of this year ET250 I would like to see them just to what kind of shape they are in.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Usually it's the year after. For instance it will say something like 07/31/79 but the sled was declared a 1980 model.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
26 Posts
i bought one for my son for x-mas this yr and was just out riding it, what a blast, but does your not turn sharp at all or is it just mine, mines black by the way, gotta check the serial number for ya, but those top posts are right, in my experiences with cars any date after the 09 of said yr is usually the following yrs model. hope your kid is gonna have as much fun as mine will have on his this yr!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, we got to ride my sons last week (before the snow melted!), after riding my 600 I am suprised how quick that 250 is! It is only our 2nd sled but the turning radius seems average to me. I sat on the back while coaching him on how to ride it then later I had him follow me on my sled...it was really cool to see my little buddy riding on his own. How old is your son? Mine's 10.

·
Registered
26 Posts
my son is 9, tonight i just picked up yet another john deere, this one is a 1981 440 sportfire.that makes it 5 j d`s in the yard,lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts