Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1980 Ski Doo Everest 500 E. Machine ran great for hours. When I start it back up again after a nice long ride, I have to give it full throtle to maintain normal idle. As soon as I release full throtle, the machine dies. I pulled the plugs whitch were brand new, and they were burnt(black). So I installed a spare set and she started right up with out a problem and this happens every year. What could be causing this? When I pull the one plug out, the cylinder smokes (if that means anything)Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
them old girls had a habit of drying out and leaking crank seals on the mag end. that would make them spray oil on your points. when its cold it will probably run good for a while and then act up again. check it out![:)]

·
Registered
128 Posts
no! pull your recoil and then your flywheel and then your mag and point/stator plate drill a smallhole in the old seal, turn a wood or sheet metal screw into the hole and pry the old seal out. tap a new crank seal back in clean your points up. put point plate back on grease point cam put flywheel and recoil back on and riiiiide![:D]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts