Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
probably wouldn't leave much cylinder wall left to rebuild the engine later on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vamped400 said:
when it blows up and you have no cylinder left to rebore, dont come crying to us.
ill just take the other cyl's i have and replace them? you dont get it dude i asked a simple question, if you want to be a prick go for it, but dont do it on my post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
your not gonna get 110 hp outta that engine without major mods and fist fulls of cash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
iRide said:
polarisorbust said:
not much maybe 1-2 hp gain
i hope your incorrect.
just boring it out, doesn't mean its going to make more power. port timing and exhaust profile is what makes your power. look at it this way, the old indy 400 (65X60)was 64 hp, and the indy 500 (72X60)was 78 hp. that is 7 mm bigger bore to make 12 hp, and the indy 500 had more port timing and 38mm carbs instead of 34mm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TylerC said:
your not gonna get 110 hp outta that engine without major mods and fist fulls of cash.
no one can answer my question? i dont give a Fu%$ what yo think about it, it can and will bedone, if you want to put an effing monster sticker on your sled go for it, im not gonna say o id never put a sticker on a perfectley good windsheild. fuc* dude.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
well all i can say is good luck buddy, your probably gonna need a box load of monster stickers to get over 90 hp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,109 Posts
When you learn to talk to people in a respectful manner, you will get the help you are looking for. As the wise sledder says, "you catch more bears with honey then with vinegar". if you decide to change your attitude, I have the formula for figuring the cc's you will gain. HP? not much
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
741 Posts
look, its a 488 fuji. These were never designed to be 100+ hp sleds. There tough as hell but are no way a powerhouse. Youd be better off to sell the sled, and save the money you were going to put into it, and put it towards a higher HP sled

BTW, i sold my indy 488 fuji, did some wheelin and dealin, and worked up to the sled i have now. I cant tell you one single thing i like better about my old indy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Vamped400 said:
look, its a 488 fuji. These were never designed to be 100+ hp sleds. There tough as hell but are no way a powerhouse. Youd be better off to sell the sled, and save the money you were going to put into it, and put it towards a higher HP sled

BTW, i sold my indy 488 fuji, did some wheelin and dealin, and worked up to the sled i have now. I cant tell you one single thing i like better about my old indy.
sorry for having a bad attitude every one, just not every one has a indy 500 that will be 600's, and that was my plan not trying to be a dink.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,850 Posts
Like said before, maybe 1-2 more. Don't expect much if anything. Not worth it if not needed.

.080 is a pretty big over-bore on any engine. I wouldn't do it. You may have paper thin walls left.

If you don't like constructive criticism, this may not be the place for you. Just sayin'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,109 Posts
iRide said:
sorry for having a bad attitude every one, just not every one has a indy 500 that will be 600's, and that was my plan not trying to be a dink.
Too late. You passed that status after your 2nd post. Time for a huge helping of humble pie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
a typical BB kit runs what 1.5-2 gran, i am not sure what you have bought for yours, i bought my 700 for 1 gran, way better investment if you ask me, and like mention before i think .80 over is way to much, and if you would melt it down your gona need new jugs
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top