Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I read about problems that may be inherent to a snowmobile, eg Polaris 600 xc, would that just be the 600xc model motor or would it be all 600's motors of that year made by Polaris?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not being year specific, but I am most likely interested in a 700 RMK (2000-2003), but 700's come in different sleds are all the motors the same, or different models different motors. Example would the 550 in my Sport Touring be the same as Trail RMK 550? What about 700's in different models?
Thanks Cam

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
sometimes they change the carbs, gearing, clutching and ignition for different models even though they use the sam block, pistons,etc. Makes the sled run differently for different applications. High altitude, cruising, workhorse, etc. Generally RMKs are geared and carbed differently than an xc while using the same block and pistons.

After that, like pigboy said, what year?

G

·
0 Posts
I ride with a lot of Polaris guys. From what I have seen, the 700 and 800 RMK engines are bullet proof. Great power, easy to jet. Good factory specs for jetting clutching and such. I ride a Summit and am thinking about going polaris next year. We'll see how the new REV Summit works compared to the Polaris Escape this year and buy new next year.

D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts