Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on?
I love my 700 but I'm needing some more power, if I found a 800 (easy in this town) assuming it's a Liberty VES, could I just drop it in? I know it'll mount up but is the electrical, PERC, SLP ceramic coated exhaust, clutches, carbs, ect, all interchangeable? If so, would it just be easier to swap out the jugs & pistons? All help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
567 Posts
if it is a liberty motor it will have a black head from what ive been told elctrical is different i dont know for sure so dont quote me on that but everything else is interchangeable. just make sure your carbs are 40mm you can run smaller but stock is 40 i can pull the carbs off the 700 to double check to see if there different. but im sure someone can confirm the electrical.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quick said:
if it is a liberty motor it will have a black head from what ive been told elctrical is different i dont know for sure so dont quote me on that but everything else is interchangeable. just make sure your carbs are 40mm you can run smaller but stock is 40 i can pull the carbs off the 700 to double check to see if there different. but im sure someone can confirm the electrical.
I sure hope all is, it would make it a lot easier. If more is different I'll just have to look for someone up here interested in bartering. I've always been big on barter & luckily for me, a lot of people here are too. I was looking at your pictures & that's a pretty sick seat on your edge, where did you pick it up? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
567 Posts
i bought the sled like it is i wish i new where threy did the seat and hood its way sharp sitin in the snow lot of looks from different riders. as far as i know the sled is orignally from idaho picked it up in utah and had to fix alot of crap that someone tried to pull. good luck with the motor swap there are alot of knowledge able people on here try polarisman he knows alot about these sleds

·
Registered
567 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
If you take your 700VES twin out you can replace it with an 800VES twin, even use the same carbs, exhaust, motor straps/plate and everything. All you have to do is find a PERC compatible 800 CDI, re-clutch and re-jet. If you're looking for more power I'd recommend getting a set of aftermarket pipes for the 800 while you're at it.

You CAN NOT swap cylinder between the 700 and 800. The 700 has a 68mm stroke while the 800 has a 70mm stroke.

quick said:
Black head? all stock big block engines had read waterplates with a little polished aluminum.

·
Registered
567 Posts
ya i know but in 04 i belive when they came out with lyberty motor they went to black with aluminun polished numbers just like the red heads

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Ok, I did forget that in 04 and possibly 05 they did have the black heads.

However, the "liberty" engine started a few years before 2004, it's a designation for any of the domestically produced engines that polaris offered.

·
Registered
567 Posts
oh i see i didnt know that learn something new everyday

1 - 9 of 9 Posts