Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was talking to a guy last night on the lake and this guy used to work for Arctic cat , and he was telling me that the 800 would more TOP end then the 1000, i wanted to know if any of you knew this as a fact , cause i've tried a couple 800 and surely doesn't feel to have the power or top end that my t-cat has. Just curious if anyone would know this

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
T-Cats are usually fastest in top end stock. I have a sled that can out accellerate a T-Cat. Every sled is different. When you buy the largest displacement motor you dont guarentee your self the fastest ride. My motto is... theres always someone faster, avoid them. LOL. Oh by the way. Watch out for some of those older machZ, more than a few of those will show you the tail light.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so usually stock machines shouldn't have the top end that a 1000 would have. what sled do you have that will out accellerate the t-cat,,,,,,,alot of them will since that t-cat is pretty heavy ,, but like i placed in another post , i was supprised to see my machine whipe away to F7 firecats last week-end on the lake ,, at 660 ft i was ahead and pulling away strong ,,,,,,but i guess it depends on how your clutched to ,,

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
yeah it depends how you cluch it, gear it, reeds. etc. It depends where you want your poweer.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well if you start working with the reeds and stuff, then you ain't stock anymore ,, i'm talking to stock machines ,, clutching i don't think is considered modified ,, at least not in the races out here, heeh

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
dont mess with the reeds until you have clutched all you can. alien has set up an 800 zrt and it is just as fast as a t-cat he set up in the 1000'.
my guess is that on the open that the t would start to climb a little. you dont need any more power. just set up so you have traction on take off.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i totaly understand what your talking about with the supension adjustements and not wanting it to lift,,but i'm curious about TOP end ,, not out of the hole or 660ft ,, top speed is what i want to know
But same set up in tcat and 800 ,, should still be the same as having both sleds dead stock

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I think the 1000cc would take it... But are all the 1000cc's really legit? Most of them are like 925cc...

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Ut oh, Pman found this topic [:D]

Actually I agree with all those who say that any stock 1000cc T-cat, especially if clutched, will out run any 800. Even 100% stock, clutching and all, a T-cat should be out in front of everyone else.

For top end, a properly clutched 1000cc machine will beat most, if not all 800's.

In my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Originally posted by SledHead
[br]I think the 1000cc would take it... But are all the 1000cc's really legit? Most of them are like 925cc...
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the tcat is 999cc, who else makes a stock 1000 besides AC.....2stroke that is. Now the ac 900 is really 851cc.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
AKgold your right the T-Cat is 999cc and they are the only one who makes one. The new big twins will take me off the line without a problem (light wieght lots of low end torque) but in a long run I usually reel them in and pass. Something to be said for an 8900 rpm redline if you are looking for top speed. (Mountain sleds only, don't know anyone that has a short track to compare it to)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks p-man , heheh but you know what i'l tell you , heheh the fcat's a better snow X machine , heheheh i'll give you that much lol ,, but i was just asking this cause i was told that 800 will pass my 1000 and from what i seen last week-end ,, they'll need work in it to pass me ,, and i honetly thaugh that the Fcat were better then they were on the 660 feet , i thaught all that torque with light weight would CHEW me up all day on 660ft , but really i had em by at least 4 lenghts ,, am i weight easily 575 without any gas ,, and the fcat about 430 , pretty big difference
but thanks Pman ,, and we'll know when to shut down those posts that are getting out of hand

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yeah it looks like I was wrong, I just looked at some specs and every 2003 800 and up by the big 4 are within 10cc. Except for the AC 900 ZR- which is 862cc and and the AC ZR 800EFI- is 785cc.

I was suprised to see that the Yamaha RX-1 is 998cc. I thought it would be less...

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
like i told indendedacceleration....

the 98 and 99 thundercats were THE FASTEST (read: top speed) stock sleds ever produced by the big 4 in the history of snowmobiles...

-Dean

1 - 14 of 14 Posts