Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site has a lot of good information but most of it has to deal with trail riding and trail sleds. I would like to here from fellow 800 RMK owners about their sleds and the mods they have made. If there is enough of us out there maybe we can come up with a good list of what really works and what doesn't on the 800 RMK and save us all a lot of time and money.

I currently run a 2000 800 RMK with 144" track, tour buddy tank system, Avenger 1 egt system, Garmin gps 3, grip and rip handle bar riser and isolator (well worth the money an excellent product), fox shocks all around, I did have an SLP ceramic coated single pipe system but it kept cracking so I'm back to the stock pipe with the ceramic slp can. Other then that the machine is bone stock. I'm looking to install the holztman ATACC system this season as their tempa-flow products work awesome. I'm also intrigued by the new Heel-clicker X secondary that they came out with for the Polaris.

Well I would love to here what you have done to your 800 RMK and perhaps we can each learn something from each other.

Regards,
Nathan

Alaska The Great Land!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I kind of thought there would be at least one other 800 rmk owner that post on this site but It's not looking to good right now.

Regards,
Nathan

Alaska The Great Land!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Sorry dude, just wishful thinking for me. My current dream machine (used that is) would be the '01 RMK 800 Snowcheck 151'

Still way too much sled for me being 5' 7" and 150lb but I'd learn quickly!

They are just too much for me to spend at the moment. [ sigh ]

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
If it helps I already talked my wife into letting my snowcheck an 04' RMK, so I guess talk to me in a year or so! By the way were do you ride?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ride mainly in the caribou hill on the Kenai Peninsula and up Resurrection trail near Devils pass and Swan Lake. When I get the time to ride that is unfortunately my work gets busier in the winter and consequently I tend to work more then play in the winters.

Regards,
Nathan

Alaska The Great Land!!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
So did any of the trail closings effect any of your riding areas? I'm not to familar with the Kenai area, and heard recently of some places closing.

I did hear that Caribou was killer though.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alaskangold,

The trail closings haven't affected any of the places I ride that I'm aware of anyways. As for the Caribou hills I love riding there it is a fun and safe place to ride. There is a mix of terrain form trails, boon docking, to hill climbing and deep bowls to play in. And all with now fear of avalanche danger like there is in other parts of the state, lost lake, etc. I just posted a couple pictures from the Caribou hills taken a few seasons back in the mountain riding section.

Regards,
Nathan

Alaska The Great Land!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
[:p][blue]hi i own a 2001 800rmk was a 144 model not snowcheck when i bought it new. but since i have changed it to a 159" camoplast track, it has a B&B silencer, v force 3 reeds and buffer bottle. i also cut down the 156" rails to add anti ratchet drivers. i also replaced the shocks with fox shockes made it ride much better. i did run mod skis but am back to side hillers( need skis for my 700xc project) all in all its been an awsome sled.it's very reliable. at this point i am leaving it be but may next yr change tunnel to a crracing hill climber tunnel with a 2" drop and role. and then will do more mods at that time( better steering post,riser, handle bars,and then looking at nitros with pipes from cpi and head from slp. then will also change over to a cat secondary, this is all depending on how my wife likes her sled i built this yr[/blue]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts