Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 800 RMK that I'm looking to roll the chain case on. I've seen several kits that lower the drive shaft down and back anywhere from 5/8" to all most 2". Some lower the jackshaft in the process. I would assume that the kit with the most drop and set back would be the best as it would seem to supply the best approach angle? I'm looking for information from anyone who has performed this modification to their 800 RMK. How hard was it and did you notice any improvements and what companies kit did you use? Some people say I should change to ten tooth drivers when I do this mod to increase track speed. I would like to know what you have done if you did add ten tooth drivers did you change the gear ratio?
Any information would be greatly appreciated, as I have never made this mod to any of my past machines so I'm not sure what to expect in improvements.

Thanks,
Nathan

Alaska The Great Land!!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Sorry can't say I ever done this. But welcome to the forum, stick around and have fun. This place gets really interesting in winter.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
heres what info i could find

An economical way of upgrading your sled to help maximize the performance of your new deep lug track. By rolling the case even on new sleds you are able to regain lost horsepower by increasing the track to tunnel clearance eliminating snow drag and binding. This kit relocates both your drive and jackshaft but still retains the proper clutch center distance for using the stock belt. Modification of both stirrups is necessary on 97 and newer models.

need new suspension brackets and chaincase barckets also that are not included with any rolled kit i could find

Bobby
My wife said its Her or the sleds........ I'm sure gonna miss her

Stop Inbreeding....... Ban country Music

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
as i re read your post i notice you prolly already know that. i dont hav e that sled nor performed that task so i couldnt help ya out on how easy it is or not.. ill try to help as much as i can i dont see it as being that hard

Bobby
My wife said its Her or the sleds........ I'm sure gonna miss her

Stop Inbreeding....... Ban country Music

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the kits are templates, you remove your jackshaft, drive axle and chaincase. put on the template were and how it says to and drill your new holes, bolt everything back on in the new spot, i would keep the same drivers as your axle get closer to the ground your track speed increases, all things equal. also with a lowerd axle and ten tooth you might need to make a guard because the wheels will be lower than the bellly pan.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts