Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Yes, I read that in a magazine that there could be possibly something coming from Polaris in the mid winter. SOmething is in the works they say.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 04polaris500
[br]From which company??
Sorry. I forgot other brand users visit this site[:p]

Polaris 800 coming soon to a dealer near you[8D]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
they havent made an 800 since they dropped the xcr.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I don't know when they got rid of the XCR but I am pretty sure that it was before 2005 because that was the last year of the 800!!! A mid season release would be great but I don't think there is going to be to many people happy with Poo!!!

DW

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I think what madcow was trying to say was they haven't built a REAL 800 since the XCR....[:D]

·
Registered
541 Posts
Originally posted by SleD_CrEW
[br]why does everyone say Rumour mill. Why can't you just say Rumor.
Because the "Rumour Mill" is where all the little "Rumours" are manufactured silly!!
[;)]

They might just as well make a 1000. They certainly need something in that market share..

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
If they were going with a big bore, you'd think they would stuff a counterweighted shaft in there to kill the vibes.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Originally posted by hammy
[br]
Originally posted by SleD_CrEW
[br]why does everyone say Rumour mill. Why can't you just say Rumor.
Because the "Rumour Mill" is where all the little "Rumours" are manufactured silly!!
[;)]

They might just as well make a 1000. They certainly need something in that market share..
If they do go the 1000 route I'm going to be really interested in it.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Originally posted by DAN_8485
[br]I don't know when they got rid of the XCR but I am pretty sure that it was before 2005 because that was the last year of the 800!!! A mid season release would be great but I don't think there is going to be to many people happy with Poo!!!

DW
last XCR 800 was 2003. the XC 800 twin went to 2005.

on the overall topic i think it would be interesting if they came out with an 800 but seems like the market has kinda left that engine size. doesn't matter to me. i'm not in the market for a new sled in the forseeable future.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by polarissledneck28
[br]IF I bought the biggest sled they offered, then they Mid-Released a Bigger sled. I'd be a little upset....
Hmmm. So if they released a 800cc Touring sled and you picked up the Dragon..you'd be mad?? [:p]

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Originally posted by BarkMulcher
[br]
Originally posted by polarissledneck28
[br]IF I bought the biggest sled they offered, then they Mid-Released a Bigger sled. I'd be a little upset....
Hmmm. So if they released a 800cc Touring sled and you picked up the Dragon..you'd be mad?? [:p]

I bought a Dragon RMK because it was the biggest that Polaris had to offer this year on the same 07 chassis that we rode at the demo thing last season.
So basically if Polaris were to come out with a big bore in 07 in that same chassis, Ya, I'd be pissed.
Not to mention, that move on Polaris' part would kill the resale value of the 07 Dragons.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the 800 market died since the 700's were better. same hp little less money, cheaper insurance. they need to jump to a 1000 two or four stroke to compete with the other 3 in that market.

back in the xcr days the xcr was not selling since your salesman would tell you its not a trail sled. now they are selling the big bores as trail sleds. so the market is really growing in that segment.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts