Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i got a 800 storm lastyear wit the motor gone for a good price i have it ust about back together now but i was wondering if there is anything i can really do to make it decent for jumps i am pretty sure i got a xtra 10 rear skid lined up but i was wondering about the front suspention if it is only the shocks that are differnt and also i was wondering if there was much of a differnce in the weigh of the bodys from teh storm to say a xlt or something simmilar

thanks matt

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'll be the first to say it. storms arent light. They are actually really heavy compared to other sleds but they have enough power to compensate. xtra 10 rear will help, and no you need control arms, steering rods and shocks for the front to switch it. Storms are meant to go really fast on flat ground and they are good at it. with jumping you will need to be careful because the storm is very noseheavy and will drop right down on you when you tap the brake when ur airborn. Don't forget you need to remount the holes for the rear suspension, just do a forum search and you'll find pics.

Good luck, let me know how it turns out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
They are definetly heavy and they dont land softly that's for sure. I keep mine on the ground... going fast in a strait line...

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Originally posted by CATSRULE06
[br]Storms arent heavy, Extra ten would help for jumping
Yeah, right....

1995 storm- 550 lbs dry.

1997 storm- 557 lbs dry.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Originally posted by Pance
[br]
[br]Storms arent heavy, Extra ten would help for jumping
Yeah, right....

1995 storm- 550 lbs dry.

1997 storm- 557 lbs dry.
its not really that heavy compaired to sleds of the same hp rating. specialy since the new sleds have years and years of new tech into them and are only 20 lbs if that lighter.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
[br]they might be heavy for you Pance , You have to have some Muscle to ride a storm.
why dont you go cry to the mods about it?[:0][B)]

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
[br]this is what I mean about immature kids on this site
Like your post was any more mature?

BTW my yamaha weighs 580 lbs dry.

Sorry for the off topic-ness.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im still trying to get the xtra 10 but i was wondering if anyone has ever used the regular suspention with rail extensions or so on if they did please let me know and i dont make huge jumps on her

matt

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Originally posted by Pance
[br]
Like your post was any more mature?

BTW my yamaha weighs 580 lbs dry.

Sorry for the off topic-ness.
Oh Yeah! Well I got yah'all beat,,I'll bet My WildCat weigh's in at a lb.a cc "dry" anyway boy's please try and settle your dispute's via e-mail or Pm's. A member ask a question and before he can get a satisfying reply someone start's flaming and the topic get's locked.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I am very agressively looking for an xtra 10 and I am planning on longtracking it out to 144, I have a line on an xtra 10, just trying to find a track and saving up the $$$ for the tracksusa rail extensions. of course this is going to be a summer project.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
[br]they might be heavy for you Pance , You have to have some Muscle to ride a storm.
YEAH Pance if you don't have enough muscle to handle a storm I would suggest you trade it in on a Fusion!!! [:p]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have a track here 144x15x2 off of a 800 summit few missing lugs but i only payed 5 bucks for it it was 50 all together when i got it home from ebay im still debating weather i am going to keep it or not tho weather i should get my buddys 2000 mxz 800 or do up the storm what do you guys think

matt

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Pance is only 15 whats YOUR excuse?? You see unlike YOU Pance is a pretty bright kid with a future, I doubt when he's 24 he'll be sitting around sucking off of the Gov't welfare tit like you are!! I for one am getting real tired of half my paycheck going to taxes to feed you and your family, its kinda funny how your too "disabled" to get a job, but your not to "disabled" to sit on a computer, a snowmobile, or an "imaginary" 4 wheeler!! I also noticed in your last "rude pm" thread that you failed to mention that you've been sending threatning pm's to a 15 year old kid (Pance), or how many pm's you've sent me wanting to set up a fight that you wouldn't show up to in the first place!! You know all of your little "oh poor catsrule" threads and posts are getting real old real quick!!!! Your like a little pimple on the ass of civilization (irratating and won't go away)!! So seeing how theres no snow and i have nothing else to do I'm going to make it my personnal crusade to expose you and ALL your BS!! So starting today everyone is going to know that you've been acting real "mature" and sending threatning pm's to a 15 year old forum member!! But I guess thats just another class act out of you isn't it?? Even though the mods might not be willing to do anything about you and your antics I WILL and I'm sure there are plenty of MEN on here who won't take real kindly to you threating kids!!!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I didn't realize he was 15 should still shut his mouth, and so should you stop pm me talking about you killed my brother and banging my old lady
get a life man

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.