Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 09 800 summit if I put a can on it will I have to do clutch work I didnt when I put on on my 600 etec but I dont know if they will be the same. Also does anyone know who makes a good can for them Ive seen lots of guys running hps cans but I really dont know much about them.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Well i personally like mbr cans or is it mrb cans but what ever very loud but only use one if your are not going to push hard in heavily populated areas. You should not have to re jet with a can.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
You will not have to reclutch, but I would advise for flatland riding to put the solid pins and stiffer spring in.

HPS or "the thing" can are two good 800r cans.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
No re-clutching and no re-jetting, the machine will compensate for everything. Dynoport is the way to go on exhausts for these things, they build power and they actually fit the sled right, most dont.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
^^^^Wrong, you at a minimum need to turn the clickers on the TRA clutch if you're too cheap the spend the $70 for the new spring and solid pins. The sled will still over rev on occasion by just changing the clickers.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Ive done plenty of dynoport exhausts on customers sleds, NO CLUTCHING! unless you want to tune it your way. No rpm changes, I have first hand experience with the dynoport. If there is a change its just a couple hundred rpm and thats with the full set up, y pipe, pipe, and can. Im in the mountains, and my customers want the perfect set up and none complain about a different power band or rpm change, they have been completely happy so far, not one complaint and im on the same page. You can throw the dynoport system on and go as is no problem.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
BskidooC said:
Ive done plenty of dynoport exhausts on customers sleds, NO CLUTCHING! unless you want to tune it your way. No rpm changes, I have first hand experience with the dynoport. If there is a change its just a couple hundred rpm and thats with the full set up, y pipe, pipe, and can. Im in the mountains, and my customers want the perfect set up and none complain about a different power band or rpm change, they have been completely happy so far, not one complaint and im on the same page. You can throw the dynoport system on and go as is no problem.
We misunderstood each other, I was under the assumption that you were saying that there doesn't need to be any clutch adjustment for flatland riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts