Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PSI dosent show any model of triple pipes for XCR on internet site

Dynoport have a triple pipe who match with OEM silencer (ceramic coat or black)

SLP have complete set of pipes with silencer.

who made the best pipes?

·
Registered
690 Posts
hey you might want to look at hot to go pipes also known as htg pipes, i think they were the best for the 800 xcr's

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
My preference is with HTG pipes but SLP has the biggest HP claim if you believe them. I have swapped back and forth from stock to my HTG's and there is a noticable difference.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I think they are all good if tuned properly. I have dynoport on mine. WL.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dynoport and Hot to go use the same stampings. Either one of them work very well. The slp pipes work ok too, they run at a higher rpm though so you give up a little bottom end torque. I personally like the htg or dynoports the best.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Steve pm me your email address, I have a great document from Dynoport in PDF. It's a good read for all but I cannot attch PDF's in forum.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the dyno ports and htg are the same. with good motor work the stock pipes are about the best all around.
with the slps I didnt loose any bottom end. there is so much hp and snap it isnt even funny. just cant seem to get the last 200 rpm. with my fat but and a 144 track I still got 81 sideways mph in 500' skis in the air and the track spinning like no tommarrow. I went with slp becuase of the weight loss.

the next pipes for this sled will be some 9200 rpm pipes from htg, price or jaws. I am building my own silencer this coming week and let you know how it sounds. on the stock pipes it should drop a lot of weight.

personally for a trail sled unless you are racing for money or trophiess. I would stay with the stock pipes. I can pull almost the same clutching with my motor work as the htgs can. In fact a stock motor with htgs has about the same hp as a stock piped motor with my work. nice sleeper sled. you just tell people its stock. just did some clutch work.

for fitting a motor into another frame. htg has the regualar or race pipes. i would go race pipe. just make sure you are pointed where you want to go when coming out of a corner before you stab the gas. that way when the sled launches it goes down the trail instead of into the trees. and let other sleds get a little ahead of you so you dont hit them.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Ya, but with the motor massage, shims, heads, reeds and carb bore...the HTG's will speak with authority. The best part is the same operating rpm which won't affect durability. You'll just need to replace the motor mounts and torque stops every season.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the motor, I have the OEM stock pipes and a old Ultra 1998 with a burn motor, but for now I dont know if the pipes and VES are fitting in the old fashion cab (the XCR 800 2000 has no separate nose). I dont have the time to put the motor in the bulkhead yet and the PTO motor mount I have are broken, but if someone ever try it, please tell me if it fit ok.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
straping the motor down is the big problem. after going threw a motor mount and torque arm I made my own. now she is very stable in home position. maybe this year might be the first time I go on a ride with riley and not break the motor free.
I had to laugh one time she was making a funny noise when I turned left. got to the gas station and for some reason I heard riley laughing. looked over and he grabbed my ves body and lifted the front of the motor several inches. thats not good. I believe that was motor mount 2 or 3. now number 5 is the last ones I put in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts