Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and I were blastin across Lake Gogibec last week in the UP. I was hittin close to a 100 with my 800xscp, while my buddy was right on my tail with 700xcsp (both 2001). When a F7 Firecat came up next to us and blow us away like we were standing with our 'you know whats' in our hand. While he takes off.. he waves 'bye bye' to us. I never felt so humiliated,[xx(]....By no means am I a light-weight and the guy on the F7 may have been 100lb lighter.. but still.. I mine-as-well been sittin on a fan-cooled 550. When he slowed down and I caught up to him, I gave him the thumbs up.... I think he was waiting for the finger.. I look at it this way..... anyone can buy a sled off the floor and slam on the throttle.... It's on the trails and hoopty hoops where the men are seperated from the boys.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
I drove an f5, and i guess the f7 must be alot more powerful. The 5 felt like a Huffy bike with all the bolts loosened.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
LOL! I'm going to have to remember that quote, when I'm talking sh!t with the boys this weekend. [:D]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I wouldnt lose to much sleep. you dont know what he did to it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I drove an f5, and i guess the f7 must be alot more powerful. The 5 felt like a Huffy bike with all the bolts loosened.

well duh..the f5 has a 500 engine in it and the f7 has a 700 engine in with efi

·
Registered
76 Posts
we had a F7 against our 700 SKS, dead even to about 80 then the f7 pulled away. but compared to other 700's i see no big deal about them, i dont like the way they handle. good suspenion tho i liked that. Also 57 miles later...crank went out. then on the way back to town we saw another black f7 sitting in the ditch he has 112 miles on his sled and connecting rod went... its only two cases but i dont exactly trust their motors no more.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Now if I were a speed demon I would not go near those F7's with anything less than a T-cat, or an 800 modded out it's snow flap.
What incredible torque those things put over!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Ya i havent seen anything yet that will saty with them. At the races a guys with a stock one won 11 events thats 9 more than any of the other sleds won. I couldn't believe it. I know of a pro stock 800 zrt being dead even all the way with a f7.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Originally posted by RotaxAtax
[br] The F5 felt like a Huffy bike with all the bolts loosened.
That is a great quote, and acurate, although my few miles on an F7 was like a Hayabusa( http://www.suzukicycles.com/sr_03/sportstreet/images/1300a.jpg ) with all the bolts loosened.
Butt load of power, but that dam track is so narrow.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I was at a race a few weeks ago and saw an AC F7. The problem with it was the chain and gears were all F***ed up. He started it and ran it aways and holy shit it sounded bad. Definetly somw warrant work needed to be done. I have nothing against AC but I am always hearing of malfunctions on their sleds, like some previous posts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts