Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS the motor in the 800 artic cat have provent himself in durability and realibility?

I know Polaris have some issue with there 4 injectors and only 2010 should be good.

Bombardier 800 is alright but have some issue with the rings and piston.

What are the downside of the 800cc in Artic cat?

· Registered
5,007 Posts
I rented an 08' M8 in west yellowstone and some people I was with rented the ski-doo equilivelant in an 800 and the cat absolutely spanked the ski-doo on top end and power.

· Registered
1,223 Posts
I ride with a few guys that have 08 on up 800 M series sleds and they are nothing but reliable for the guys. In fact, I've seen a lot of guys switch to Cat just because of the reliability of the 800 motor alone...

· Registered
2,381 Posts
My dad has an 08 Crossfire 800 SP and he loves it. Has lots of power, dual spark plugs for a more efficient burn. It has 3,000 miles and no problems. You will not be dissapointed with the Cat 800.

· Registered
2,555 Posts
PolarisIQ600HO said:
IS the motor in the 800 artic cat have provent himself in durability and realibility?

I know Polaris have some issue with there 4 injectors and only 2010 should be good.

Doos have not had ring problems in the 800s since 03 and 04 when they chrome flaking and that was taken care of. The new 800r Doo is strong.

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
flatlander_summit said:
PolarisIQ600HO said:

Doos have not had ring problems in the 800s since 03 and 04 when they chrome flaking and that was taken care of. The new 800r Doo is strong.
Thanks for the info gentlement. And you are right about the Piston and Rings issue. Doo's have corrected the the problems earlier.

I run an IQ right now and love the way it handles. I like it so much that I want to move in higher cc's. But Polaris doesnt have a 800cc as tuff as his 600. I don't like the Doo's ride but I like the fact that it weight nothing compare to the other and the gaz efficiency.. I never ran a Artic cat but I beleive it is the heavyest of them all, but they have a strong and realible motor.

800 Polaris= good handling but tuff on gaz and reability.

800 Doo's = weigh saver, good on gaz but not the best handling

800 Artic cat = Fastest sleds, good motor, heavy sleds, handling??? gaz???

Is my oppinion off?

Thanks people.

· Registered
158 Posts
i dunno about cats being the heaviest. i know cats average about 8 pounds heavier then there doo counterparts. but i think its mostly prefrence. i know i didnt look at any brand but cat when i just bought my new sled and for my next one it will be cat only again so its jst what you want

· Registered
3,126 Posts
Weight has to be the most that people rag on cat for. They are a little heavier than doo's but for the most part it is unnoticeable. Cat makes an excellent chasis and the fseries sleds have some of the best rides I have ever seen(or felt). They do lack in oil effiecency though and aren't the best on gas. Though I have read a number of people getting around 16-18 with the 800 ho.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.