Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The biggest thing is the fact that the oil line on the PTO side berring drains back and takes a long tine to refill. Pulls hard as long as you don't pin her or she will fall flat on her face. I was told that the springs in the varialble exhaust outfits were to lite? Any help would be great.

[red]Moved to The Shop by Polaris-Man[/red]

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
sorry I don't know how to help you but this shold be in the Shop. not to be mean or anything just letting you know.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
what is the real problem and what rpms are you getting this engine doesnt fall on its face
email me at [email protected]
if you live in the twin cities bring it to me I will fix it for almost free labor plus any parts maybe you should ride mine and then youll know what I am talking about

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Jon if you have time please post any info regarding the post question rather than going to indivdual email. I learn from these posts. I have an XCR as well and probably others do too. Any ideas you have would be appreciated by all of us. thanks.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the springs in the variable exhaust close the valve cylinder pressure opens them there is no need to start changing springs thats on all polaris sleds.it sounds like one might not be opening all the way if you can pull 8000rpm and then sqweeze for that last bit and it starts to sputter then that would be my guess. they are easy to fix.
1get 3 spare gaskets, you probably wont need them the first time but in time you will
2there held in by two allen head screws remove the screws and grab the plastic cap and wiggle start pto side it is the easiest, the recoil side you will pull the valve out a little take your finger lift the slide into the cap and it comes out
3 I have had the best luck letting the slide sit in carbon cleaner over night then the next day with a wire brush and some emory cloth they clean nice still a little hard but nice
they get dirty from gas not bad oil or to much oil, more like slow trail riding or breaking trail where you cant open her up, they dont start to open until around 6500 well on a groomed trail 7000 your doing 75
dont pour anything in the engine a cloth soaked in carbon cleaner on a welding rod or small wrench to try to rub it out I have not had any luck cleaning the jugs but good clean valves and good quality gas and a little open strech and they dont need much matienance good luck and it is easier than it sounds

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Jon do you know or can you find out how to check the throttle position switch on my 2000 XCR. I need proceedure and specs please. thanks.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
if the tps is bad you would be runing retarted timing. if it is out of adjustment you would have midrange troubles if it was to advanced dont mess with it a votage reading of around 3.75volts at wot is good no higher.
what is the real problem? top end miss if the valves are clean then remove the caps and inspect the baffles for any holes or tears. make sure you are running premium fuel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts