Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it running last night now that the adrenelin has worn of 2 questions come to mind. 1- The xcr had a bulkhead heat exchanger the ultra does not I put 1-1/2 gal of antifreeze in and did not completly drain the system so my question is will the ultra cooling system cool the 800 xcr engine 2- I put the ultra belt on to test ride it . It sat low in the secondary so i figured on getting a belt with the ultra length and the xcr width because it has the xcr secondary on it the problem is my suppliers book has two different widths listed for the same belt. So does anybody know the xcr belt width for a 2000 xcr 800 and is my thinking correct? Phil I know you'll chime in soon just wanted to thank you for the encouragement this thing rocks its not official yet but we think its at 470# dry !!!! Any body looking to do this conversion and have questions let me know. And yes the xcr pipes will fit without cuttin or welding the pipes !!!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
For some odd reason I think this is what I'm going to do to my XCR 700. I don't know if I'm going to get a set of 800 jugs, or re-sleeve the 700. I've heard this can be done, but I'm not 100% sure..something along the lines of the 600, 700 and 800 use the same jugs with different bores. I might have to clean up the ports. Anyone else heard this?

Bryan

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Originally posted by ibreakstuff
[br]For some odd reason I think this is what I'm going to do to my XCR 700. I don't know if I'm going to get a set of 800 jugs, or re-sleeve the 700. I've heard this can be done, but I'm not 100% sure..something along the lines of the 600, 700 and 800 use the same jugs with different bores. I might have to clean up the ports. Anyone else heard this?

Bryan
can be bored. Since your's is a 700 with VES already boring it would make it alot closer to an xcr then taking an Ultra and boring it. I'm not sure on the 700 cylinders but with the Ultras BB's involved putting a sleeve in.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
But I have the black sheep - the 98 that didn't have VES. Maybe sometime in the next year I'll find someone that snapped a crank or something and grab their 800 cyls. I haven't even ridden the XCR yet, and here I am talking about going bigger. But I just can't leave things be, know what I mean?

Bryan

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Ok, you've just got an Ultra motor that they called a 700. You can sleeve it out and port it to match to make it an 800. Or do that then stroke it to do a 900. Theres a number of guys on snowest that have done either the 800 or 900. I've got an 800 BB. XCR 800 cylinders are the cheapest and easiest way to go bigger. Those can be put to 1000 I do believe.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rob at HTG was selling off 800 ves cylinders complete for $1000.00 or you can get in touch with an insurance adjuster and buy a wrecked sled like I did got the sled for $500.00 less than 2000 miles.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Originally posted by tripplethret
[br]What chassis did you put it in? How about a pic? Does the hood actually close?
Something I noticed, is my hood doesn't fit right on my PSIs on my Storm. It sux! We'll see if I melt the hood this Winter or not.

·
Registered
985 Posts
hey skip
the psi's were notorious for not fitting usually its the second vent up that hits. most people would use a deadblow hammer and kinda smash the top pipe a little. of course thats not good for the pipe. i have a good friend who took the aluminum strip around the belly pan off and put on a taller one, so he could raise his hood about an inch.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
96 Ultra with 800 xcr motor - stock xcr pipe with snow stuff can. Every thing fits and can lines up with stock hole and yes the hood closes with no grinding what so ever . Have to borrow a digital camera and take pics but some one will have to walk me through it haven't done it before as you can tell by my lack of picture like you guys have under your name . This was a strictly bolt in project with no welding or cutting - the front brace under the nose had to be bent SLIGHTLY .

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Its hard to believe it fit that well, I have been under the impression that the VES 800 would not fit in the wedge chassis and the pipes would be the biggest problem. I would have to imagine the best thing for the swap is to have a complete donor sled right there when doing it. Glad to hear it worked out, now get some schooling for that camera of yours and get some pics up.[;)][8D]

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Skipponator
[br]
Originally posted by tripplethret
[br]What chassis did you put it in? How about a pic? Does the hood actually close?
Something I noticed, is my hood doesn't fit right on my PSIs on my Storm. It sux! We'll see if I melt the hood this Winter or not.
I had interference with the vents with the SLPs and I took off the problem vents and ground off the stands and reattached them with RVT, worked great. I also had to trim the hood a little too.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by ultrastud
[br]Watch out tripplethret theres a new dog in town with an even bigger "sleeper" than your XLT [:D] LOL
Yep, he will have it over me for sure... but... I'm still a 'tripplethret' with the sleeper XLT.[:D] And if I have to I'll go back home and break out the XCR ! [:p]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.