Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have and 85 polaris indy 400, and in one of the carbs there is a hole where gas comes out. Now my thought is that the choke plunger could be bad or the floats might not be floating. I have the Clymers book, but it doesnt say what this hole does. Is this hole a release for extra gas from the choke?

Another question, I have heard people talk about a snowmobile that bleeds. I think that they are talking about the chain case. Has anybody else heard of something like this? what does it mean when a snowmobile bleeds?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
does this hole have a hose fitting on it or is it a drilled hole? Describe it's location. Probably bad float needle vavle, or sticky floats. Does it alway run gas when running? Definately not an overflow for choke. Never heard of a "bleeding" sled.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I would have to agree with Sno-X-treme on this one. Your problem most likely lies within the floats or the needle valves. Very easy and cheap fix. At the very most you might end up buying needle valve(s) one for each carb, and a bottle or two of carb cleaner.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem was the floats were not floating. Any advice on where to get floats?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts