Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have recently been working on my Indy 400 and ran into the problem of different plugins for this application. My sled's cdi coil plug in is the one with two male's and one female on it. now my question is whats the differences between these cdi boxes and didn't realize that the wires are swapped around on some of these? my old one if you look at it straight on with the female down with this one being the black and red wire and then the top left is brown and top right is white. i went a head and bought one not knowing this difference and when i plugged it in i quickly realized that the white and brown wire's are switched. so from there i figured i would jump the wires so brown went with brown and white with white. this worked slightly but only one side is firing perfectly and the other side was cold. now at the same time i took both plugs out and then looked at the spark and both had pretty good spark. now at the same time my old cdi still works but its the separate side firing now. i was thinking the stater but if it was then why would both sides fire one at a time by just changing the cdi box? Most of all i want to know if the wire's being switched does it make them different or are the two male wires just flipped?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts